As the highly anticipated London 2012 Olympic Games is just around the corner, MINI unveils a set of limited edition toy cars to celebrate the official partnership of Team GB and ParalympicsGB; MINI London 2012 Limited Edition.
With that, MINI created a promo film named “The Britalian Job”. Yes, you’ve guessed it right; three red, white, blue MINIs chasing a baddie, just like the 1969 movie “The Italian Job”.
This short film was directed by Phil Churchward, the lead director on BBC’s Top Gear TV Show. Being a promotional clip for the Olympics as well, it stars former Olympic champions Daley Thompson (decathlon), James Cracknell (rowing), Jonathan Edwards (triple jump) and Matthew Pinsent (rowing). [Spoiler alert] Model Jodie Kidd plays the baddie on the motorcycle. And of course, the red, white and blue London 2012 limited edition MINIs. Here’s the film below. Check out “the making” video right at the end of this post.
Now, bank to the car. Guess how many these souvenirs cars are limited to? Yes, you are right again, just 2012 very exclusive Coopers. Starting from £17,800 these ‘Olympians ‘ is packed with patriotic touches;
- Distinctive Union Jack single sport stripe which runs over the bonnet, roof and rear tailgate
- 17″ Ferris Grey Conical Spoke Alloy Wheels
- The London skyline etched across the piano-black dashboard silhouetting some of London’s most iconic landmarks and displaying the words “London 1 of 2012”
- White roof featuring the iconic London 2012 Olympic Games logo
- Side scuttles which also bear the London 2012 Olympic Games logo
- Red and blue stitching twined with white piping on both the front and rear black ‘Lounge Leather’ seats
Here’s a bonus video for you! The making of “The Britalian Job”!
[SOURCE: MINI UK]